BBC1 AND BBC2 from British Blokes Cooking have very kindly nominated me for this award. I have only gotten to know them of late but am greatful for their readership, friendship and comments and am very lucky to have them nominate me for the Liebster Award.
There are rules to follow
-Nominees must link back the person who nominated.
-Answer the 10 questions that are given by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have fewer than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for the new nominees to answer.
-Go to the nominee blogs and notify them about their nominations
Now the questions I have been asked are here and answered. One never really knows what to reply but I have tried to not ramble on and be to the point (well I said tried)…
The questions I have been asked are:
1) Who or what inspired you to cook?
For me there isn’t one person who inspired me to cook, I have always loved baking but my mother and sister are probably the most responsible. My mother for having such great old cookbooks in the house and my sister is on my list due to her food intolerances we had to learn to cook everything from scratch and as she is such an amazing cook herself she makes me want to improve.
2) Sweet or savoury and which is your favourite dish in that category?
Can’t I have both?Ok I shall have to say sweet… Chocolate mousse birthday cakes are my favourite thing in the world.
3) What is your favourite film or book, and why?
I don’t have favourites. It all depends on my mood. I love Japanese horror movies but I also love a box of tissues at the ready romantic drama. And best of all… kids Christmas movies!
4) Who is your hero/heroine, and why?
My mummy. No explanation needed!
5) What is your favourite dish you have cooked?
Scallops with pea puree, crispy pancetta and salad.
6) What is your favourite dish you haven’t cooked yet?
Macaroons and my dream wedding cake.
7) If you could invite four people (alive or dead) to a dinner party, who would they be?
My mums parents. I didn’t know my grandmother and have been told I am very much like her and I would like her and my grandfather to see how we all turned out. Georgia O’keeffe, as she is my inspriation and the reason I became a printmaker and painter, and finally God, as I have a few bones to pick with him/her!
8) What is your favourite ingredient, and why?
The onion. It is super tasty and useful and when it’s the only thing in the fridge I can still manage to whip something up.
9) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I think Russia. I don’t have an explanation really but it is just a fascinating and beautiful place.
10) What is your favourite kind of music?
Heavy, dark, soul searching music. Oh and INXS (not heavy, dark or soul searching but I still love them).
I want to let these people know that I follow and enjoy their blogs. And my nominees are:
- French Flakes
- Gf and Me
- The Novice Gardener
- Cooking with Sapana
- Fromage Homage
- Food from Michelle’s kitchen
- Passionate Baker
- A cookbook a month
- Our Studio Kitchen
Now don’t panic. If you want to accept then do, if not, that’s perfectly understandable. And if you are not on the list, it doesn’t mean I don’t follow your passion or don’t think you are good, in most cases I chose the people lesser known (smaller number of followers) to help promote them. And if you have already been nominated, I do apologise but just wanted to share your blog with others.
And my questions to you:
- Tell me something I don’t know about you or can’t read on your bog.
- If you had an undo button, what would you undo?
- What scares you the most?
- What are you procrastinating on right now?
- If there was one dream job for you what would it be?
- What have you learned from your blog?
- What is your pet peeve?
- What is your favourite season for food and why?
- What is your favourite drink?
- What would be your last meal?
Once again, thank you to the guys at British Blokes Cooking for nominating me and I am very honoured and greatful to you and my readers for the ongoing support.